International Students Admissions
To apply to the Faculty of Organisation Studies in Novo mesto:
1. Complete the form at the national http://portal.evs.gov.si/prijava/?locale=en (Instructions for completing the application are here).
2. Submit original or notarized copies of your previous degree, notarized translation of your previous degree (in Slovene or English), original transcript with a notarized translation, and the original or notarized copy of your average grade point average (usually on your transcript) and notarized translation (See application instructions above).
3. A photocopy of the content and duration of education and the requirements needed to complete your previous degree (usually a handbook, catalogue, etc)
4. Submit the completed application and signed all originals and notarized copies as well as translations scanned by email to: info (a) fos-unm.si and by regular post (mail) to:
Faculty of Organisation Studies Novo mesto
Ulica talcev 3
8000 Novo mesto
After your paperwork is processed at the Faculty of Organisation Studies, we will submit your paperwork to the Committee for Student and Study Affairs. After a decision has been reached, we will notify you of when to complete your enrollment application (which is conducted through the national enrollment system). IMPORTANT: Your paperwork has to be processed and sent to the committee for a decision before completing the enrollment application. Click here for Enrollment applications and Instructions
For all further information or for any additional questions, please contact Students Affairs Ofiice at info (at) fos-unm.si.
IMPORTANT VISA INFORMATION
INSTRUCTION FOR STUDENTS - EU CITIZENS
As a student at the Faculty of Organisation Studies you are obliged to apply for a valid residence permit in the Republic of Slovenia at the Administrative Unit Novo mesto. If your application is ok, you will receive a residence permit for the purpose of studying in Slovenia.
Your full application MUST HAVE:
Application form (available here)
- Copy of valid Identity card or Passport and the original as the proof
- Copy of your Acceptance letter and the original (as a proof that you are enrolled in a recognized educational institution)
- Copy of your European health insurance card (and the original as the proof) or other health insurance policy, but it has to be translated into Slovene or English language
- Declaration of finances – FORM 2 in attached files
- Confirmation of your identification (EMŠO) number - you will receive that at the registration at your Faculty
- Personal photo of 3,5 x 4,5 - a proper photo on a photo paper, no copies or printed photos
- Declaration of temporary residence:
- if you stay in a private accommodation: confirmation from your private accommodation – Signed contract or Declaration of owner (Izjava lastnika – FORM 4 available at http://www.infotujci.si/v/54/application-forms) - the owner of the accommodation/flat, where you are staying, should fill it in and sign it - as an alternative to that you can also bring a copy of your lease contract;
- if you stay in the Student dormitories, the dorms will take care of that
- Personal photo of 3,5 x 4,5 (recent and in the correct size)
- Pay tax fees – At the Office for Foreigners.
If you are a resident of the Student dormitories, please notify them about your completed residence permit!
INSTRUCTION FOR STUDENTS FROM NON EU COUNTRIES
Students from non EU countries need to arrange permission for residence before arriving to Slovenia. Student needs to apply for it at Slovenian embassy in the certain country or at the embassy which is authorized for receiving application for permission for residence for Slovenia.
You can find the list of embassies here.
Within three days of arriving in Novo mesto, you need to confirm your residence permit at the Administrative Unit Novo mesto, Office for Foreigners - see the address below. You have to bring:
Copy of your residence permit/visa and the original as a proof
Copy of your passport (first page) and the original as a proof
Declaration of temporary residence:
- If you stay in a private accommodation: confirmation from your private accommodation – Signed contract or Declaration of owner (Izjava lastnika) – the owner of the accommodation/flat, where you are staying, should fill it in and sign it - as an alternative to that you can also bring a copy of your lease contract;
- If you stay in the Student dormitories, they will take care of that.
Administrative Unit Novo mesto (Upravna enota Novo mesto)
Defranceschijeva ulica 1
8000 Novo mesto
T: +386 (0) 7 393 9168
F: +386 (0) 7 393 9103