Faculty of Organisation Studies in Novo mesto, Slovenia
Invites you to the international scientific conference
“Challenges of the Modern World”
with the title
»Decline of Democracy and Geopolitical Friction«
which will be held virtually on 30. November 2023 in MS Teams environment (ON-LINE).
The primary goal of the conference is to promote research and developmental activities within the topic of challenges in the modern world. We aim to promote scientific interchange between researchers, developers, engineers, students, and practitioners working in and around the world. The conference will be held every year to make it an ideal platform for people to share views and experiences about the different challenges in the modern world.
This call is an invitation for contributors, who conduct research in the areas covered by the conference topics. Our intention is to engage into a meaningful discussion between the moderator, the contributors themselves and the audience. Therefore, contributors will be asked to present short communications of approx. 5 minutes to showcase outcomes of their research, connected to conference topics.
The abstracts from the conference will be published in the Collection of the papers SOCIAL 2023. Authors, which decide to publish full texts as original scientific articles 1.01, can publish them in the Journal for Universal Excellence - RUO (Indexed: dLib, DOAJ, BOAI, EconBiz, ERIH plus, EBSCO, Google scholar, J-Gate, MIAR, ProQuest - CSA Sociological Abstracts, WorldCat (OCLC)); Challenges of the Future - IP (Indexed: dLib, DOAJ, EBSCO, Google scholar, MIAR); Comparative Law Review (Indexed: SCOPUS, Index Copernicus Journals Master List, ERIH PLUS, CEEOL, DOAJ, Google scholar); Studia Iuridica Toruniensia (Indexed: Index Copernicus Journals Master List, ERIH PLUS, POL-index, Google Scholar, SHERPA/RoMEO). All submissions will undergo a usual peer-review procedure.
Topics of the conference:
- organizational challenges in VUCA context times: diversity and inclusivity leadership, work-related stress challenges, hybrid work, engagement and commitment, division between professional and private life, geopolitical risk, pandemia, etc.
- the dual challenges of democratic crisis and crisis in democracy (erosion of democracy/escalation of authoritarianism),
- geopolitical frictions,
- social responsibility and sustainable development,
- environmental challenges,
- active aging,
- hate crime and freedom of speech: examining the boundaries of free expression,
- domestic and transnational violence,
- energy, workforce, transport and food challenges,
- digitalization, ethics, and artificial Intelligence: navigating the implications on democracy, geopolitics, and society.
Please send a short, structured abstract with a short biography to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3. November, 2023. Authors will be notified of acceptance by November 14, 2023.
We kindly invite you to reserve your time now to visit this one-of-a-kind event.
Program and Organization Committee SOCIAL 2023